NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
for the position of Associate Director
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
The OSAA is seeking a creative, energetic individual with a passion for high school sports and activities for this entry level Executive Staff position. The hired individual will be responsible for managing OSAA social media accounts and graphic design, including video. This person will assist with event operations on-site at various state championship events, manage awards programs, and assist with Association communications. Applicants must be able to communicate and interact with school personnel, students, parents, officials, and all interested organizations in a positive and productive manner.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, implement, and manage the OSAA’s social media strategy and content, including graphics and video/digital efforts
· Assist with on-site event operations at state championship events seasonally (including nights, weekends, and travel)
· Manage OSAA Awards Programs (trophies/medals, OSAA Cup, Academic All-State, etc.)
· Assist with OSAA communication efforts, including the Association website
· Interact with various affiliated organizations to advance Association initiatives (i.e., athletic directors, coaches, and officials)
Interested applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Adept with social media platforms, Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
· Graphic design and video software experience
· Detail oriented with proven experience implementing a social media plan
· Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, video)
· Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong time-management and problem-solving skills
· Experience with high school/college athletics and/or activities is a plus
· Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from an accredited college or university preferred
ABOUT THE OSAA
The OSAA is a private non-profit 501(c)3, board-governed association. The Association’s paid benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance. Annual vacation and sick leave allotment included, along with a competitive 401k retirement plan. The OSAA is not affiliated with PERS. The vast majority of work hours will take place at the OSAA office in Wilsonville, but the position does include travel, night, and weekend work at times.
SALARY AND START DATE
Starting salary range is between $55,000-$60,000 depending on experience and qualifications. Employment to begin April 2023.
APPLICATION MATERIALS & QUESTIONS
Applicants must submit the following information via email to Kyle Stanfield, Assistant Executive Director, ([email protected]):
• Letter of application stating why you are interested in the position and addressing the qualifications listed.
• Resume that accurately reflects your education, work experience, and relevant skills/abilities.
• Letters of reference, plus contact information, from three individuals who have personally observed your work performance.
If you have questions about the job opening, please contact Peter Weber, Executive Director, directly at [email protected].
OSAA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need.