NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
for the position of ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Application Deadline: May 30, 2023
The OSAA is seeking an energetic, forward-thinking leader to manage, supervise, and coordinate high school athletic/activity programs in Oregon. This position will provide complete administrative oversight for several sports and activities conducted by the Association. The specific sports and activities assigned will be determined based on the successful applicant’s strengths in correlation with those of current staff.
Additional responsibilities include OSAA rule and policy interpretations, staff liaison for assigned OSAA committees, collaborating with statewide and local officials’ associations, and assisting with event management at state championships in other sports and activities. Applicants must be able to communicate and interact with school personnel, students, parents, officials, and all interested organizations in a positive and productive manner.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrate regular season and state championships for assigned athletics/activities.
- Interpret and communicate OSAA rules and policies to member school personnel and the public.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Board, Delegate Assembly, and various committees/task forces.
- Interact with various affiliated organizations (i.e., athletic directors, coaches, and officials).
- Provide on-site event management of state championships in various athletics/activities.
Interested applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from an accredited college or university
- Five years of experience as a high school administrator, athletics/activities director, coach/director, or equivalent
- Experience in event planning, fiscal management, conflict resolution, and developing collaborative relationships
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work seamlessly between individual responsibilities and a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related computer skills for responsibilities assigned
ABOUT THE OSAA
The OSAA is a private non-profit 501(c)3, board-governed association. The Association’s paid benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance. Annual vacation and sick leave allotment included, along with a competitive 401k retirement plan. The OSAA is not affiliated with PERS. The vast majority of work hours will take place at the OSAA office in Wilsonville, but the position does include travel, night, and weekend work at times.
SALARY AND START DATE
Starting salary range begins at $100,000, commensurate with experience. Employment to begin in June 2023.
APPLICATION MATERIALS & QUESTIONS
Applicants must submit the following information via email to Kyle Stanfield, Assistant Executive Director, ([email protected]):
- Letter of application stating why you are interested in the position and addressing the qualifications listed.
- Resume that accurately reflects your education, work experience, and relevant skills/abilities.
- Letters of reference, plus contact information, from three individuals who have personally observed your work performance.
If you have questions about the job opening, please contact Peter Weber, Executive Director, directly at [email protected].
OSAA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis
covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need.